Sunday, January 20, 2008

Saturday Discovery

It was a usual Saturday morning. I woke up at my own pace, leisurely enjoyed breakfast & drank my cuppa of tea. Its been a ritual since quite a long time that Saturday was never spend at home unless we are having some guest over. But today their was no plan in place & I was cribbing to my hubby that our social life sucks. How I had been uprooted from my birth place & been separated from all my contacts, had we been in Mumbai, we would be having a rocking social life.

Anywayz after lunch their was impromptu plan to visit air-force museum, as my daughter was asking us to go for a long time now. So we packed up for the Saturday night out. Alas! when we reached to the destination it was staring blank on our face. We quickly read the board put outside it which read "Holidays on Monday & Gazetted holidays". Recollecting that today is Moharrum & probably thats the reason why the museum was closed, I informed my disappointed daughter that we will try to take her somewhere more exciting place then this. Although I had no clue where.

I started thinking where could my daughter can have more fun so as to forget the museum thing. I know she loves swings et al....but had just been to children's park last Saturday. Finally an idea of taking her to "Rail Museum" came to my mind, to which she whole-heartedly agreed. We had a great fun there & finally went to another happening place for my daughter called "Eatopia" at India Habitat Center. This is best eating joint to be in chilling evening as it has a cosy warm interior & children section is separate where they can play video games. So a family is most happy coming over here as it serves the purpose of parents as well as children.

While going out of this place I spotted beautiful paintings in the lobby. On close inspection I came to know that those paintings has been done by disabled children from umang organisation.

It was so beautifully done...you can take look here:



























Seeing those painting stirred my desire to once again take the easel & brush in my hand & do painting. I also got assured that in long run I have one skill to keep my self occupied apart from reading & watching movies.

1 comment:

Komila said...

Aww thats sweet !!!

Going places with daughter and keeping the promise... especailly the working MOM.

Well, when can we see creative side of mish ?