Thursday, July 12, 2007

Mumbai Calling!

I never had this fanaticism of being a Mumbaite, so much so as its in present time. Reason? My product manager Mrs Uma Iyer. The day she joined my organisation I was shaken up from my slumber and reminded me of my patrioticism for Amchi Mumbai, she being from there. Never in my schooling days or in colleges & for that matter of fact, in any of my organisation that I worked in Mumbai did I open my mouth to speak in Marathi (It being second language to be learned at schools in Mumbai). Now we speaks mostly in Marathi (although its stammering hard for me) & it seems I would be pro in that language very soon. Thanks to Uma Iyer! Now people around us thinks that we are bitching against them whenever we rattle off in Marathi. Its real fun!

1 comment:

Tinky Toinkers said...

but, aint it good fun moush?